The skin is the largest organ in the human body, and as such, it has one the most important roles in maintaining human health: it protects us against external damage. Every day, we’re exposed to pollutants, toxins and UV radiation, and our skin takes the biggest hit. Without it, we would be unable to filter all the harmful chemicals we’re constantly bombarded with, and as a result, we wouldn’t last a day on Earth.
But even the healthiest, most resilient skin is bound to show some signs of wear and tear – fine lines, wrinkles and sun damage are just some of the things we all struggle with sooner or later. And while it’s important not to stress about growing older (after all, stress will only make you grow older faster!), it’s a good idea to take care of yourself and your body as much as possible. Eating right, exercising and drinking plenty of fluids is just part of the equation though – to really boost your skin health and fight fine lines and wrinkles, some outer care is necessary as well.
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream
Although there are many packaged serums and creams with anti-aging properties, not everyone can afford expensive skincare, and not everyone wants to use questionable ingredients (which most mainstream cosmetics use) on their skin. For those of you who want an all-natural, homemade cream that helps plump up the skin, boost skin health and fight the obvious signs of aging, here is a recipe that requires only a few ingredients and is easy to make.
- almond oil 1 tbsp.
- argan oil 1 tbsp.
- beeswax 2 tbsp.
- vitamin E 1 tsp.
- Place beeswax in a double boiler and heat it.
- Once liquefied, remove from heat and add almond and argan oil along with vitamin E.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon or fork, combining all the ingredients into a well-blended cream.
- Now pour the mixture into a small glass jar with a lid and keep it refrigerated. Or, use everything at once.
This homemade mixture can be used either as a mask or a cream:
- If you want to use it as a mask, massage it onto clean skin – face, neck and decolletage – leave it on for about an hour and then wash it off and follow with your usual night routine.
- If you want to use it as a cream (highly recommended if you have dry skin), massage it onto your clean skin – again, face, neck and decolletage – and go to bed. Make sure you use it frequently, preferably every night.